Preparation is an important step
A good place to start is to get an overview of what is financially possible in terms of your needs and wishes for the future. It is also important that you are clear about what kind of job you want and how much responsibility you want to assume.
For example, you can ask yourself these questions, which are based on where you are in life and the career path you are transitioning out of.
Your stage of life
- What is important to you right now?
- What is the right work/life balance?
- Are you working on the right kinds of work tasks?
- Do you have the amount of flexibility that you want?
- What are you passionate about?
- What dreams do you have, in terms of work?
- How would you like your life to look like two years from now?
- What is needed to fulfil your wishes?