Having Kids

When you have kids, it is important to be in control of the situation if unexpected events occur. Therefore, it is a good idea to review your pension plan when you have kids.

Stepchildren and right of inheritance

If you are unmarried and either of you have children from a previous relationship, the children will generally inherit everything if the biological parent passes away.

The domestic partner and the domestic partner’s children do not have any right of inheritance.

Matters to consider

Do you have insurance coverage in case one of you loses the occupational capacity or dies?

If you are unmarried, then who will receive the money if you should die? You may need to consider completing a beneficiary declaration.

Should your child be covered by children’s pension? You may want to draw up a will or a cohabitation agreement that in detail describes how any real property and other personal property should be split in case you break up or one of you passes away.

Steps to take

Contact PFA’s Advisory Services Centre at (+45) 70 12 50 00 if you need advice.



Please contact a lawyer if you need advice on inheritance and drawing up a will.