Payout of Insurance Benefit
Payout of insurance benfit
PFA will deposit the money in your NemKonto “Easy Account”
We will pay the money into your NemKonto. If you do not know which account that is your NemKonto, please contact your bank or savings bank.
However, some payouts are not paid into your NemKonto. You can read more about those payouts below.
If you are receiving payouts due to a loss of occupational capacity or because you have lost a provider, the payouts may be protected from creditors.
If the money is protected from creditors, you need to open a separate account to be used for these payouts only. This is because the protection from creditors cannot be maintained if the payouts are made to your NemKonto as the payouts will then be mixed with your other money.
Payouts that are not related to the division of matrimonial property
Certain payouts fall outside the scope of the division of matrimonial property in connection with legal separation, divorce or the death of your spouse. In order to maintain the protection from creditors, you need to open a separate account to be used for these payouts only. This is because the protection cannot be maintained if the payouts are made to your NemKonto as the payouts will then be mixed with your other money.
A separate account is required in the following situations:
- If you receive payouts, from for instance your parents’ insurance, that are your separate property because you and your spouse have, in a registered marriage settlement, agreed that any insurance money which is paid out in connection with a death in your respective families shall be separate property.
- If you receive payouts from for instance your parents’ insurance to which you have been appointed as beneficiary and where your parents have decided that the payouts should be your separate property or be tied up for you.
- If you receive payouts in connection with your spouse’s death.
A separate account may be required in the following situations (unclear legal practice):
- If you receive payouts due to a loss of occupational capacity
- If you receive payouts in connection with your provider's death.
What to do if the payout should not be made to your NemKonto?
Let us know as soon as possible if the payout shall not be made to your NemKonto.
We recommend that you always open a separate account if you think that one of the above situations applies to you. If you open a separate account, please inform us immediately of the registration and account number in writing.