What is covered?
What is covered?
PFA Health Insurance covers (not exhaustive):
- Expenses for pre-examinations, treatments and re-examinations at hospitals, clinics or by specialists
- Psychologist (needs-based)
- Treatment by psychiatrists (up to 12 consultations)
- Chiropractor and physiotherapist (needs-based)
- Acupuncturist and reflexologist (up to 12 treatments in total)
- Treatment for gambling addicion (up to DKK 60,000)
- Treatment of abuse of alcohol, medicine and other intoxicants (up to DKK 132,000)
- Rehabilitation therapy (up to 12 months)
- Recuperation stay (up to 3 months)
- Medicine (up to 24 months)
- Dietician (up to 12 consultations in case of BMI above 30 or below 18)
- Temporary home care services (up to 3 months)
- Second opinion
PFA Health Insurance does not cover (not exhaustive):
- Chronic illnesses that have arisen before you were covered by PFA Health Insurance
- Cosmetic surgeries
- Glasses, contact lenses, hearing aids or dental treatment
- Treatment against childlessness
- Emergency treatments (for instance from emergency service and casualty
- The need for treatment must have arisen during the insurance period
Log on to My PFA and see which terms apply to you.
Quick help in connection with stress symptoms
You have access to quick help if you experience stress symptoms. The faster you get help, the greater the possibility of preventing stress symptoms from turning into a serious health problem. Therefore, you do not need a doctor's referral. You simply contact PFA and then we will refer you to a business psychologist specialised in stress.
Here, you can read more about your options if you are absent from work due to illness or need advice and guidance on sleep, well-being, exercise, weight loss, substance abuse, smoking cessation, etc.
As part of PFA Health Insurance, you can now get medical advice from a general practitioner via video, phone or email all weekdays from 8:00 - 22:00 and during weekends/holidays from 8:00 - 18:00. The medical advice is provided by Hejdoktor and any spouse/domestic partner as well as children under the age of 24 will also have access.
For example, Online Doctor can:
- Provide you with professional medical advice and treatment by phone or video
- Answer questions via email within one hour during opening hours
- Issue and renew prescriptions for you.
How to contact an Online Doctor
- Log on to My PFA (mitpfa.dk)
- Select Online Doctor under Your insurance cover
- Choose if you want a consultation by phone, video or email
- If you choose a consultation by phone or video, you can decide if you want to make an appointment for later or wait in the queue and get an appointment within 15 minutes or sooner
- The doctor will then call you
- The doctor will send any required prescriptions, etc.
Generally, you can get the same advice and treatment at the Online Doctor as at your own doctor to the extent physical examinations or laboratory tests, etc. are not required. In addition, Online Doctor cannot issue prescriptions for addictive drugs etc.