New chairmanship following PFA’s 2020 annual general meeting
On 12 March 2020, PFA held its ordinary general meeting with an agenda including the election of members to the board of directors.
Ten board members elected by the annual general meeting were up for election this year, hereof four members with special competences within key areas.
Lasse Grønbech, MSc in Engineering, resigned from the Board of Directors and was replaced by Bodil Nordestgaard Ismiris, Deputy Managing Director of Lederne. The other members of the Board of Directors were re-elected.
After the annual general meeting, the Board of Directors constituted itself. Torben Dalby Larsen will continue as Chairman, while Peder Hasslev and Per Tønnesen were both elected Vice-Chairman. Peder Hasslev replaces Niels-Ulrik Mousten, who will continue as Chairman of the Audit Committee, and Per Tønnesen replaces Lasse Grønbech, who did not seek re-election.
“We want a strong and solid governance pointing forward. Therefore, a new shareholders’ agreement has just been signed among the many broadly represented stakeholders that stand behind PFA. The purpose of the shareholders’ agreement is to ensure that the members of PFA’s Board of Directors altogether have the relevant competences,” says Torben Dalby Larsen, Chairman of PFA’s Board of Directors.
The shareholders’ agreement determines that the Board of Directors must count four members with special competences to supplement the competences of the three board members recommended by the salaried employees’ organisations and the three members recommended by the employers’ and trade organisations.
An assessment will be made every year, as all board members elected by the annual general meeting are elected for one year. However, board members elected by the employees will serve for a 4-year period.
Following today’s annual general meeting, the Board of Directors will consist of the following members:
- Torben Dalby Larsen, Chairman
- Peder Hasslev, Vice-Chairman, CEO, Saminvest (Sweden) (board member with special competences pertaining to investments)
- Per Tønnesen, Vice-Chairman, General Secretary, HK Retail and Wholesale Trade
- Kim Graugaard, Deputy CEO, the Confederation of Danish Industry
- Bodil Nordestgaard Ismiris, Deputy Managing Director, Lederne
- Niels-Ulrik Mousten, CEO, Netsuom ApS (board member with special competences pertaining to accounts and investments)
- Claus Oxfeldt, Union Chairman, the Danish Police Union
- Mogens Steffensen, Professor and head of department for the Insurance and Economics Department at the Institute of Mathematical Sciences at the University of Copenhagen (board member with special competences pertaining to insurance)
- Helle Valentin, General Manager, Global Business Services, Nordic, IBM Corporation (board member with special competences pertaining to IT)
- Laurits Rønn, CEO, the Danish Chamber of Commerce
- Carsten Bach, Key Account Manager (employee representative)
- Lars Christoffersen, Representative of an employee organisation (employee representative)
- Carsten Holdum, Consumer Economist (employee representative)
- Mette Risom, Head of PFA’s Advisory Services Centre (employee representative)
- Janne Korsgaard, Head of Insurance Claims (employee representative)
Upon the holding of the annual general meeting, the Board of Directors constituted itself. The chairmanship and the board committees consist of the below board members:
- Torben Dalby Larsen (Chairman)
- Peder Hasslev (Vice-Chairman)
- Per Tønnesen (Vice-Chairman)
Group Audit Committee and Audit Committee
- Niels-Ulrik Mousten (Chairman)
- Carsten Holdum
- Torben Dalby Larsen
- Claus Oxfeldt
- Mogens Steffensen
- Torben Dalby Larsen (Chairman)
- Kim Graugaard
- Mette Risom
- Per Tønnesen
- Helle Valentin
- Peder Hasslev (Chairman)
- Lars Christoffersen
- Bodil Nordestgaard Ismiris
- Niels-Ulrik Mousten
- Laurits Rønn